April 05, 2011

Glimmer on a Rainy Day!

I woke up this morning to 60 mph gusts beating on my windows and Severe T-Storm Warnings flashing on my television.  Definitely not what I would call an ideal morning to drag yourself to the gym at 6:30am, buttttt I did it anyway.  And it was great, because no one else was there!  :)

The point of that ramble was to set the mood of the day for you.  Anyone in the Hampton Roads area will agree with me, it has been one crazy weather day!  Windy, dark, dreary, rainy, warm then cold, then warm again.  Did I mention windy?!  And I just looked out my window and the sun is beaming and the skies are blue!!  *Cue the Beatles tune - 'here comes the sun... dee dee dee deeeeee'*

I spent an hour at the post office mailing out work stuff and glimmer cards.  My glimmer receipt alone was longer than my arm!  I had about 20 people behind me in line.  I could feel their glares as I pulled out 10 more Project Glimmer envelopes.  (I chose to not make eye contact with anyone when I finally finished up!)


In the midst of this rainy afternoon I quickly visited the Dollar Store.  A shout out to my local readers - if you have not checked out the Dollar Store off of Battlefield (between Sams Club and Walmart) you should.  It is by far one of the best Dollar Stores I have ever been to!  Well I may have gotten a tad bit carried away as I was gathering things for my care packages of kindness.  I ended up walking out of that store with enough goodies to get me through a couple weeks of random acts of kindness!  And I used the first one today!

Despite the fact that is was rainy and cold, I thought these were the cutest things!  I'm not going to lie, I bought the striped ones and the pink one for myself and grabbed the blue one for a doorstep!


I headed out of the obnoxious parking lot, which is even more obnoxious when it's raining because people are crazy.  I wish I could tell you I left this on a random stranger's door step, but I didn't.  I headed directly to my sister's condo with the hope that she did not go home for her lunch break.  


I was in luck!  Neither her or her roommate were home.  So I left this glittery, glimmery blue pin wheel flower at their front door to greet them when they got home on this rainy day.


But now, since the sun has come out, it looks like they will find this glittery, glimmery flower reflecting the sunlight! :)  


Did you partake in any random acts of kindness on this rainy cold day?  Tell me about it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for all of your comments! I promise all of them are read and appreciated! :)