April 04, 2011

Care Package Kindness!

I put my thinking cap on and tried to come up with some things people have done for me in the past that totally made me smile.  I hate to confess this, but I was stumped for a little while!  So I went for a walk on this gorgeous 86 degree weather day.  When I got to my mail box it hit me... when I was in college I used to love getting care packages!  It was the greatest feeling to check my little tiny jmu mailbox only to find a slip of paper that said I needed to pick up a package!

Now, I'm not in college anymore, which only means one thing when it comes to the mailbox.  Bills, bills, and more bills!  Which is far from a random act of kindness!  So I decided that this week I will be sending out care packages to a few friends and acquaintances!  

I made my list of 4 people and tonight I will be hitting up the dollar store looking for a few goodies!  None of these people will be expecting it.  And they're probably not reading this blog so hopefully it will be a surprise!  

Stay tuned - I will share my tales of care package kindness with you throughout the week!  Let me challenge you... pick a friend, maybe someone you haven't talked to in a while.  Send them something thoughtful and random!  I'm sure it will bring a smile to their faces!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Mattie! I just sealed up the envelope with your Glimmer Cards! They will be on their way tomorrow morning! Sorry for the delay!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all of your comments! I promise all of them are read and appreciated! :)