March 28, 2011

The First Glimmer Card!

The First Glimmer Card!  Kick Off Monday!  Both pretty exciting if you ask me!  I'm so ready to get this project rolling, and from the sounds of it, so are a lot of you!  I cannot believe we have over 70 facebook fans and 30ish people who are following the blog (because they clicked that little follow button right over there ----->  and you should too!)

So here we go!  The first random act of kindness!  I wish I had done something so much more creative, but stay tuned... I will try to think something up for the rest of the week.  Anyway, what did I do?  Well let me show you!


I baked cookies!!  And when I say baked, I use it very loosely.  I was in Newport News at my boyfriend's house and he didn't really have the "tools" necessary to bake from scratch, so I resorted to this!  Cookie dough from the tube!  :)


I'm not going to lie, we tasted a couple.  You really would've thought they were home made, not tube made.  


Then I made him PROMISE me that he would pick one of his neighbors and deliver the cookies.  I got a text message this afternoon saying "mission accomplished."  


And of course I made sure he took the Glimmer Card along too!


So there you go.  Simple, delicious, random act of kindness.  Let's get this project rolling!  I mailed out a ton of cards today (actually only 260) to those of you who have emailed me your address.  I think I have 6 more packets of Glimmer Cards left to send out into the world!  Let me know if you want one!

Do you have an idea of a random act of kindness I should do?  Leave it in the comment section below!
ps. sorry about the poor picture quality... they are from the droid because the camera was MIA :)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!! I am so excited to get my glimmer cards in the mail... get rid of my flu... and get to blessing people! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be getting them tomorrow-ish! :) I'm so sorry you are feeling sick. I had the flu a few weeks ago! It was horrible! Hope you start feeling better, especially with that little one now in the house!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all of your comments! I promise all of them are read and appreciated! :)