March 16, 2011

So much for not slacking!

Let me begin with my sincerest apologies to the world!  I had such good intentions for this blog and I think I got overwhelmed for a minute (or two).  When I realized the cost of the "business cards" and a few other things, it was at a point where I was strapped for cash.  I dropped the ball.  But I'm picking it back up again!

So here we go.  For real this time.  However, a few things have changed:

1.  The blog header/ logo.  When I looked back at the old one, I wasn't the biggest fan.  This one may change too... but we shall see.  Give me your thoughts.  I'm thinking the header will basically be the logo.

2.  The name.  Basically we are adding a "the" infront of "project: glimmer" - no biggie right?  Right!  Why though?  It's pretty simple.  I should not have dropped the ball back in August when I did.  At the time projectglimmer.com was available.  As of 12 days ago, it is not.  So now... we are not just a project, we are THE project! :)  www.theprojectglimmer.com  Share it with your friends and family!  If you have a blog there is a little button over there ---> (on the right hand side) stick it in your blog and show some love!  (Before you ask, yes, this is still a .blogspot blog.  Don't get confused.  The www.theprojectglimmer.com domain is forwarding to this page.  Basically we are saving a good amount of cash this way!) 

3.  The mission.  Not really, but just a little.  It was, and still is, 365 days and a glimmer of hope.  But the more I thought about it, I began to feel bad and began to dislike the concept of making [forcing, trying, obligating, stressing] myself to do something EVERYDAY and document it.  It's not that I am not going to be doing nice things on a daily basis, but anyone who blogs knows that it can be a ton of work.  And to throw it into the mix with my jobs and everything else... it's almost like telling yourself you have to go to the gym, EVERYDAY.  You don't look forward to it nearly as much.

So here's the deal.  365 days and a glimmer of hope.  Let's see how much we can accomplish in one year!  Not just me, but everyone who decides to participate!  As it was before, if you do something nice for someone, or you receive a glimmer card, I want to know about it!  Email it to me and I will post it here for you!

Let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for all of your comments! I promise all of them are read and appreciated! :)