March 20, 2011

I'm simply giddy!

Yesterday this blog had 60 views!  SIXY!  Six-Zero! 
 And the project hasn't even started yet!  My heart leaped for joy when I was scrolling through my Facebook Newsfeed and I saw a few friends reposted and shared the link, without me even talking to them about it!  I'm simply giddy over the potential of this project!  

I have received nothing but reassurance from my friends and family about The Project Glimmer.  The business cards are coming along.  (Katie has dealt with my indecisiveness and is making us some pretty sweet Glimmer Cards!)

This morning I woke up and turned the television on to Joel Osteen.  Now, I'm not a die-hard fan of his like a lot of people I know, but when I am not heading to church on a Sunday morning, he usually shares a good message that is worth tuning in for.  Well this morning the message was about seeing things through the eyes of love and not judgement.  A few things he said that stood out to me were:
-  We should be generous with our mercy and love
-  We should see things through the eyes of compassion and love, not judgement
-  We don't have the same background as everyone around us.  We can't judge a situation until we know what he or she is going through or has been through, and do to this, we have to step in their shoes.
-  It's easy to be critical and write people off but we should give them the benefit of the doubt.
-  Sometimes it only takes one person to make a difference for another.

Now, I don't want to get all preachy on you, but this sermon was right on target for me this morning!  It was another reassurance for me.  Even if I give this project a shot and a ton of people think it's silly or dumb, but it makes just one or two people smile... I will be happy with that.

So many, many thanks (again) to the few people who have already jumped on board, fanned and shared The Project Glimmer on Facebook, and clicked the follow button on the blog over in the right hand column!  Keep sharing the blog!  Maybe by just simply sharing the website with folks, and then they read what we are hoping to do/ will be doing, that will also give them a glimmer of hope as well! :)

PS.  If you are interested in watching the Joel Show I saw this morning you can check it out here.
PPS.  I am going to try to order the Glimmer Cards this week and kick off the project as soon as the cards come in! :)  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for all of your comments! I promise all of them are read and appreciated! :)