March 25, 2011

Glimmer Day Fridays!

You don't need a Glimmer Card to do something great for another person! As part of the kick off week we are going to turn Friday into "Glimmer Day Friday!" for other bloggers out there.  So our first official Glimmer Day Friday will be next week - Friday April 1, 2011.  

If you are a blogger and you want to get involved, here is what you need to do:

1. Do something nice for someone! It doesn't matter what your random act of kindness is. It can be big or small. Maybe something simple like going out of the way to hold the door open for a stranger. Or something fun like baking brownies (or some other yumminess) for your neighbor. Or if you want to spend a couple of bucks try buying coffee for a stranger at 7-11. The key is to be creative while being kind to those around us!

Keep in mind, you do not have to have a Glimmer Card to do something nice for someone! If you want to share this site with them, so they can check it out for themselves, and maybe even "pay it forward" GO FOR IT! :)

2. Blog about it! Include pictures (or even video!!) if you want! And then link your post back here and share it with everyone else. Be sure to grab my "Glimmer Day Friday" Button below and include it on your post.



This is will be my first experience with Linky so please bear with me if I do something wrong! You will be able to post your links anytime on Fridays, beginning next week.  Any tips or tricks from other bloggers is great appreciated! :)


2 comments:

  1. I think this is a great idea, Glimmer Girl! I try, try, try to do the right thing, the nice thing, every day, but having a forum that reminds you, and maybe even offers suggestions of nice things to do - that is a great inspirational tool. Okay - my first "glimmer" is a small one. A Girl Scout came to my house last evening, tired and a little dejected. She had 6 boxes left, and said she needed to turn her money in today. I bought all 6 boxes, and she gave me a huge hug. I am going to borrow a page from a friend, and I will take the cookies to the USO at the airport when I go out of town this weekend. That $20 made me feel good, and supported 2 good causes at once. Very small gesture, but I thought I would start your blog off - and you will be hearing more from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Annie! And let's be real, who doesn't LOVE girl scout cookies?! :) I definitely hope to hear from you again! Hope you have a lovely friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all of your comments! I promise all of them are read and appreciated! :)