March 30, 2011

From the bottom of my heart...

So I know I have posted a few things already today, but I have just one more for you.  A note from Susan.

Let me begin by telling you what a Craptastic Day I had.  Work issues up the wazoo.  Piles of things to get caught up on.  And a dreary, rainy, cold cold day outside.  (It's almost April!  Where is the sunshine and warmer weather already?!)

By the time the afternoon was wrapping up I was complaining to my mom about how I had sooooo much to do and to top things off, I had to go out and BE NICE to someone!!  (Trust me, it was the last thing I felt like doing.)

I went out with a mission to giving an umbrella away to someone.  When I left the house it was raining.  When I started driving it stopped.  WHAT THE HECK!?  How was I supposed to give an umbrella away to someone when the rain had completely stopped?  So I gave up and continued on to my grandmother's house for dinner, feeling even more defeated.  She generously made me, my sister, my mom and my cousin dinner tonight.  So I took it upon myself to clean up the dishes.  Not a huge random act of kindness, but at this point, it was all I could do for the day.  I gave her a card and explained the project.  She really seemed to care less about the little piece of paper I left, but I knew she was grateful for me doing the dishes.

Anyway, I got home just in time to crash on the couch and watch America's Next Top Model with my roommate when all of a sudden my Droid started going NUTS.  People!  Tons and tons of people began emailing me!  (Well, wait, let's be real... when I say tons and tons I really mean 7 or 8 of you!)

Several of you were asking for Glimmer Cards!  Which will be on their way tomorrow!  A couple of you had awesome words of encouragement (which could not have come at a better time!):

In response to my "craptastic" facebook status, I got a facebook post from Lauren in Virginia Beach, VA saying:  GLIMMERastic! :)

Sarah from Durham, NC emailed:  I think what you're doing is great!  I constantly have to remind myself not to loose faith in all mankind... I know there are other genuinely good people out there.  We just have to come together to get everyone else to realize the same!

Amy from I'm-not-sure-where emailed:  A friend of mine posted a link to your site onto Facebook, so I had to click and read.  I think what you’ve started is absolutely wonderful!  I’ve done good deeds here and there, but I think your idea of leaving those people with a card, so that they feel good enough to share with others, its awesome.  ....   Anywho, I just wanted to applaud you via email, and let you know I fully support you and all the good you’ve done this far!! 


And THEN... yes, it gets better!  I got this email of inspiration.


Melissa from Virginia Beach, VA said:  Hi there Susan!  I would love some cards.  So I thought you would find this tidbit awesome... I pulled up to a Starbucks drive through on Independence in VBeach.  When I pulled up to pay for my drink they told me that 45 min before someone paid for their coffee and the car behind them.  They wanted to keep it going so I paid for the car behind me instead of mine.  I don't know how much longer it lasted but it brought a smile to my face :) 


Sorry that this is getting wordy, but HOW AWESOME IS THAT?!  Without a Glimmer Card, people are still being nice!  Or what if the original person HAD a Glimmer Card.  (Really not the point at all, but the thought of it made me a little giddy!)


So anyway, Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you for all of your support and kind words.  They couldn't have come on a better evening!  To make things even better, almost all of the emails of encouragement have been from complete strangers.  So thanks, from the bottom of my heart. :)



2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I worked with Sarah from Durham for three years and she's an amazing person. I luff her! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That starbucks story is so neat!!! I am making it my mission to do something with a glimmer card today!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all of your comments! I promise all of them are read and appreciated! :)