March 30, 2011

The First Response!!

Tonight I got an email as a response to THE FIRST GLIMMER CARD THAT WAS GIVEN OUT!!!  It made my night!  :)  If you missed the post about the first random act of kindness I did this week you can read about it here.  Anyway, here is the email that Charlotte from Newport News, VA sent me:

On Monday I received a big plate of Chocolate Chip cookies with the glimmer card.  What a treat!  My favorite cookie.  I was taking care of the 2 little girls that I keep on Monday's and my new neighbor Michael came over with this big plate of cookies that his Girlfriend had baked.  It really made my day.  I am the stay at home Mom in my neighborhood.  The person that put's everyone's kids on the bus and when the bus pulls up in the afternoon and the parent's are not home, I bring those kids back to my house.

I'm also the one who always catches the loose dogs in the neighborhood.  Which I did on Saturday!  I plan on passing my card on to the next loose dog and it's owner since it happens quite often lately!

I'm located in Newport News.  I think this is a great idea and I'm putting on my thinking cap to come up with some more ideas.  What a smile it put on my face and my kids!  Thanks so much!!


Charlotte


Thank you Charlotte for emailing me back!  It sounds like you totally deserved receiving that Glimmer Card because you are always helping everyone else out!  (Especially that time you found my house keys in your street and returned them!! I was so grateful!)  So glad you liked the cookies!! :) 




1 comment:

  1. Charlotte sounds like she's a truly deserving recipient of some glimmer - in fact she's the kind of person that you would want for your Glimmer Poster Girl I'd think!

    x Felicity

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all of your comments! I promise all of them are read and appreciated! :)